There are so many opportunities for individuals, groups, other organizations, and students to get involved with S.A.F.E. Place, and help support domestic violence survivors and their families.
Please consider volunteering with us.
For more information, please email our Volunteer Coordinator, Tina, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yard Maintenance Volunteer
- Battle Creek, MI
Performs general yard maintenance. Requires general knowledge in yard maintenance and overall operational knowledge of equipment to perform duties. Good communication a must.
To apply, please submit email our Volunteer coordinator email@example.com
Here are some great ways you can volunteer with S.A.F.E. Place. The time you commit to can be long-term or a one-time commitment. It is entirely up to you.
- Please know that if you plan on volunteering and it involves direct work with clients, in addition to background checks you will need to complete an orientation training which is offered once a month at the shelter.
- Organize a Workshop; arts & crafts with adults or kids, resume building, yoga, etc...
- Help out in our children's program by opening the playroom
- Administrative; filing, stuffing envelops, etc
- organizing, cleaning, putting away donations
- helping at events, fundraising
- assisting in the Resource Center
These are just a few common areas that volunteers are needed. We welcome a variety of Volunteers and Interns so if there is a certain area that you are interested in, and aren't sure if we have a need for it, please email our volunteer coordinator
COVID-19 UPDATE VOLUNTEER/INTERNSHIP
Due to current social distancing restrictions involving COVID-19, we have decided to suspend volunteer activities until further notice.
With recent updates due to COVID, we have come to the decision to suspend all internship placements in Battle Creek until Summer of 2021. We want to ensure that our interns have the staff and adequate duties/hours necessary for their placements. Currently, we do not feel it is the best scenario for all involved to ensure interns would be able to meet the requirements of their internship.
We appreciate your continued support and look forward to having you back at S.A.F.E. Place when it is safe to do so. If you have any questions, please do no hesitate to reach out.
- Thank you, Tina Michmerhuizen, Volunteer Coordinator